Monday, December 8, 2014

Thoughtful Handmade Gift Ideas

Want a really big squishy hug from your gift receiver this year?
Of course you do, that's what Christmas is all about.



1. An original zine about something the person loves. If they love bees, research a bunch of facts about bees and compile a zine of all the cool stuff you learned so they can learn it, too.

2. A deck of cards with 52 reasons why you love the person written on the cards. Sweet things like "I love you because you smell like honey and flowers" or goofy things like "I love you because your name spelled backwards spells Ynot."

3. A mixtape or CD playlist of songs you know the person would love. Songs with inside jokes living in them, or songs with sentimental meaning, or just sons you think would delight your person's musical taste buds.

4. A scrapbook of things that made you think of the person. You know when you're scrolling through the Internet and you stumble across that one meme? Or when you're in the grocery store and something related to an inside joke happens but your friend isn't there to share the moment? Collect those things and put 'em all in one spot to let that person know how much they're on your mind!

5. Silly badges for doing things that mean a lot to you. Best backrubber in town. Chef genius. Superior snuggler. Check out this fantastic badge tutorial for making your own badges!

6. A heavily annotated and analyzed book you know the person would love. I don't know, I find it fun to compare my interpretations of fiction with someone else's! Point out quotes and use sticky notes to write what you were thinking while reading a certain part.

8 comments:

  1. this is such a sweet list! really personal and thoughtful too! i can't choose a favorite but i love the badge idea (former girl scout here lol) and the scrapbook too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely! i love to buy things for my family/friends, but i always am making homemade/handmade things too. there's somthing so wonderfully personal about it. last year i made each of the girls+mom an apron from a vintage pattern. they were each a little different style and prints of fabric. this year i'm making cd's with some recordings i've made. it's just hands down fun to make stuff for people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of going on a little Christmas shopping spree, but I can never bring myself to do it because all the things I pick out I feel like I could just make myself! Ohh, those ideas are so sweet! It's so nice to have so much creative freedom when you make gifts, too. :)

      Delete
  3. I gave my sister the playing cards idea last year for her 21st and went around collecting things to write on them from all the people who came to her party, she loved it! Also, I love the book example you used ;) If you want a book that you'll be hard pressed not to sticky note every page you should read Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe. It's my most sticky noted book, ugh it's just gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, that's so sweet, no one I've ever known has ever done the playing cards idea for someone in real life! <3 Uh oh, I think I'm gonna have to borrow that book from the library whether or not, because I'm starting to wholeheartedly believe anything you love, I'll love as much as twice as much!

      Delete
  4. I REALLY WANT TO GET YOU THAT BOOK NOW AND PUT ALL MY STICKY NOTINGS IN IT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful post, I love all of your ideas! :)
    Amy xx

    Perfect Imperfections

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this SO MUCH, I'm bookmarking it ♥ I have a very close friend on the other side of the world and I like to send her little care packages but sometimes find myself a little stumped for ideas, so I love how easily mailable all of these are. Thank you so much for this, it's absolutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Silkworm and I love hearing what other people think. In fact, it's probably our favorite thing, so don't be shy to leave us a note or ask a question!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...