Sunday, December 7, 2014

December 6th's Full Moon

So didja catch that we never mentioned November's full moon last month? Welp, strange things did happen, but we weren't at liberty to speak of such things until they were done and done, so we just let it slip and hoped no one would ask. Kudos to you for not gettin' too curious.

Anywho, now that's what's done is done--Silkworm was chosen by the moon to be part of Team Plan B for a top secret mission which we're still not allowed to blab about, but rest assured all the stars are nicely aligned and there's no need to panic anymore. He spent November training for the mission, which pretty much means I slept alone every night while he was awake on the moon doing whatever magical stuffed bears do with minimal gravity and what not.

There was surprisingly not much to talk about every morning when he returned, though I am quite jealous about one thing: he learned how to fly. Unfortunately, exhilarating as it is, he has to dip into his own magic and use it like gasoline, and although it replenishes, flying leaves him thoroughly exhausted, stiff, and mute. Supposedly he can train himself to use his resources more sparingly and therefore efficiently, like how a bear slows its heartbeat and breathing in winter to hibernate, but as of right now, he's mostly grounded.



Graciously, as a treat for his participation, the moon allowed Silkworm immunity from moon sickness throughout December, thus we have nothing to report back about December's full moon yesterday morning. Actually, we had a lovely night's sleep Friday night into Saturday morning. Both of us are wishing Silkworm would be given more opportunities like this, if only for the benefits that come with them. In the meantime, I think we'll be researching magical flying techniques. Do you think they have books on that kind of thing at the library?

8 comments:

  1. Silkworm learned to fly? Lucky! I hope that he finds it easier if he continues. :)
    Amy xx

    Perfect Imperfections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been limiting him seeing as he has no self control to limit himself whatsoever. :P But someday we'll have to have proper flying lessons because man it would be awesome if he could just fly away at the sight of another human who's not supposed to be spotting him!

      Delete
  2. gosh darn...flying.
    SO INSANELY JEALOUS RIGHT NOW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right, though? Moon, pick me to be part of a secret mission!!

      Delete
  3. Silkworm can now add "secret agent" to his list of titles! How cool is that?! I love it : D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, he's wildly excited about it all, really. And he can casually mention how many times he's gone up into space and visited the moon for training. WHAT A LIFE THIS TOY HAS.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful! I can literally feel every drop of magic you write about sinking under my skin... Maybe that's how I'll learn to fly too! ☼
    I wish Silkworm the best of luck anyhow, and there probably are undercover flying lesson books in the library, I guess you'll find them in the kids' section... xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pppfhht if magic could leak into human skin, I'd be a fairy right now. </3 But how I wish. I suppose being best friends with a magical stuffed bear is the second best thing!

      True, I'll bet you're right! We do visit the children's section of the library far too often for my age and height, but man they have the best books in there. Almost every fiction book I research tells me I've got to go find it in the kids spot!

      Delete

Silkworm and I love hearing what other people think. In fact, it's probably our favorite thing, so don't be shy to leave us a note or ask a question!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...