Sunday, November 23, 2014

Would You Rather: Samantha at Samantha Heather Photograhy


This is Samantha Heather. She is a twenty-something dreamer and explorer based in Sydney, Australia, and her blog is a collection of thoughts, dreams, and passions from the perspective of her lens and her ever-evolving imagination. She photographs beautiful moments and adventures like the time she had the most peaceful row boating voyage or the time she took a trip to see the magicalness hiding just outside her city. This is what we asked her:

Q: Would you rather live without hands or without feet?

A: This is such a tricky and delicate question. You see, a strong part of me would rather live without my hands. Some of my favourite feelings in the world are that of being barefoot in my surroundings, feeling the sand shift between my toes, the gravel of the street on my soles, or the grass engulfing my feet as I lay in the park. Those memories are beautiful to me. They are memories I love to recreate. It is such an amazing feeling and losing my feet would mean that this amazement, this sensation would be lost

If I were to lose my hands however, I would also lose some amazing moments of touch. I would lose the ability to hold my child as he/she entered the world, or to tousle my partners hair, or to run my hands through a bed of flowers as I walked by - all of which are things I love doing.

So in this in mind, which do I choose to live without? To lose the ability to walk or to hold is not so uncommon anymore and as technology has advanced so has the opportunity to provide life back into the lives of those who have lost their feet or hands. Wheelchairs, prosthetics and physical therapy have allowed many to gain basic movement ability again. I think for me therefore, I would choose to live without my feet. I feel mobility is easier with the advancements in wheelchairs and prosthetics and while there are opportunities to feel and grab again with arms and hand prosthetics, there is something about being able to touch the world with my own fingers and hands that I would miss all too much.

- Samantha Heather

9 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely idea for a guest post. I absolutely love Samantha's blog and yours too so I got a little excited to see her here. I love how much she has really thought about this question. I think I would also choose to live without feet rather than hands. There is so much you would miss and couldn't do without hands whereas without feet, you wouldn't be able to walk but as you said with technology there's still ways to be mobile! Xxx

    Sinead | Dreaming Again

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post! I've stopped by her blog quite a few times, and her blog is absolutely beautiful, just like yours :3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post, and a really creative question!

    Anyway, I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award, you can find it here

    Indiellie | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Ellie! We've actually been nominated before, but it means a lot to have multiple nominations! ♥ Here's the link to the first nomination post: http://zauberbear.blogspot.com/2014/04/zauberbears-liebster-award-nomination.html

      Delete
  4. oh i so agree with Sam. her explanation was so eloquent and beautiful, yet simple and down to earth.
    i do love Sam's blog, too. she makes everything look so beautiful and magical and her words and full of life and feeling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really, she's a photographic genius and a wonderful gal. <3 I commented on her most recent post that it looked like a movie, but I should really say her whole blog looks like a movie!

      Delete
  5. This is an absolutely wonderful post! :)
    Amy xx

    Perfect Imperfections

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for the feature lovely! I feel so honoured to be a part of your blog :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank *you!* Your answer was wonderfully well thought out, we're honored to have it on Zauberbear!

      Delete

Silkworm and I love hearing what other people think. In fact, it's probably our favorite thing, so don't be shy to leave us a note or ask a question!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...