Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Happy 1st Birthday, Zauberbear!



Neither Silkworm nor I are a hundred percent sure when exactly we created Zauberbear, but our earliest post went live on November 4th, so we're gonna sing happy birthday to our blog today.



Thinking back to before we danced around the Internet waving our banners of positivity trying to get people's attention, I realize just how cliche this experience was, because it really changed me. I found people, some on different continents, who I could connect with in ways I've never been able to connect with the people I've surrounded myself with. And I fed off of their energies, and I started doing things I never dreamed I'd be brave enough to do. I had a full-time job for a few months at an organic farm. I started riding my bike around town often and finding places that opened my eyes to how beautiful the place I live in actually is. I rode all the way to my and Silkworm's favorite park to hang origami dragons in the woods. Flip, I got my driver's license.



I get the most brilliant mail addressed to me (Silkworm even got a letter addressed to him from a very special friend, once!), and every letter and every package makes me want to cry--the happy kind, I mean, but the happy kind that is happy because at one point it was sad. The people I've met through blogging have made such a humungous difference to me. I'm not exactly who and where I want to be at this very moment, but I am so much closer than I would have ever been if it wasn't for you guys. I am made of little pieces of all of you, and I want to thank you for letting me have them, from the bottom of my very tiny heart that can't handle all these feels. Thank you so so much. I cannot wait to see what another year of this brings.

It's birthday candle time. Help us blow it out?

26 comments:

  1. Happy 1st birthday to both of you!!! I have very much enjoyed seeing the joy and beauty you bring to everyone around you. May you have a blessed second year together spreading awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happiest first blogiversary Carly! :) your words are so beautiful, for many more blog birthdays to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy blog-birthday!! You must be proud!!!
    Ps: can I steal a piece of cake? :D

    Indiellie | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy blog birthday to both you and Silkworm! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy blog birthday! I can't remember when I found your blog, but I'm so happy I did. It is a huge inspiration to me! :)

    catscraftsncritters.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happiest of blog birthdays to the both of you! ;) This is such a beautiful corner of the internet that you have here, and I am so happy I found it. xx.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A more perfect blog birthday post could not have been written!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy happy birthday to the most beautiful of all the blogs! I for one am incredibly thankful that you made this special corner of the internet, because without it how would I have ever stumbled across such a genuinely amazing and beautiful person? I can't wait to see all the even more wonderful things you get up to in the next year and I will definitely be staying along for the ride.

    Love you! x Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erin I can't tell you how grateful I am to have met you. If meeting you was all that would have come out of this whole past year of blogging, it was worth it times a million. ♥ Thank you so much.

      Delete
  9. oh congratulations and happy happy birthday to the Zauberbear blog!!
    i totally get what you're saying about how blogging has helped you grow. in just the 3/4 of a year i've had mine i've gotten a lot bolder with taking pictures in general (but also with the sunset project) and it's opened my eyes to how other people think and write and act around the world, how beautiful my part of the world is and made me bolder.
    (also, congrats on the DL, i got mine recently, too :D)
    say hello and congrats to little Silkworm as well.
    best of luck for many more years of wonderful blogging ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you thank you! Oh gosh, it's incredible how much this experience can change a person. I think as long as you're looking to change and you want to blog, if you step into the community, it's just inevitable that a whole new world is going to open up to you. It's a beautiful thing. Thank you again, I'm so glad we recently found your blog and you found us! (Congrats on your driver's license, too! Eek that's still the most exciting thing I've got going for me right now. ^-^)

      Delete
  10. Happy birthday, dear! I love your blog:)

    Theprintedsea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. happy 1st blog anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary Carly and Silkworm!
    I am so glad I stumbled upon the trove of treasures that is your blog, and that you've kept it going so dedicatedly :) I'm so thankful to have met you through blogging because I can honestly say you are one of the most interesting, kindest, and creative people I have ever had the pleasure to know. I can't wait to see what the future of this blog holds, you and Silkworm are going to great things.
    Love,
    RaChil and Venture

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting a toothache from all this sweetness. ♥ Thank you so much, RaChil! Silkworm and I are so glad we met you, too! Doing the double exposure project with you was so much fun, and hosting Venture was a blast!

      Delete
  13. Happy Birthday to yooooou! ♥ I don't remember how exactly I stumbled across your blog on the great plains of the internet (these things are mere luck i guess), but I'm SO ultramegasuperduperhappy I did! You challenged me in a good way to better my life, explore life, look at it as an adventure, get excited over things and spread the love :) Keep going, you're definitely one of the lovliest/ sweetest/ most creative people on the internet ☼ Love you loads ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, it's too early in the morning for dessert! You're so sweet, oh my goodness, I'm so happy you're so happy, aaaghh, thank you so much!

      Delete
  14. Happy Birthday Zauberbear! Lots of love and awkward party dancing from Australia :D xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Seriously can't believe I've only known you a year.

    Uncustomary Art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best year ever. I'm only sad I didn't know you much much earlier.

      Delete

Silkworm and I love hearing what other people think. In fact, it's probably our favorite thing, so don't be shy to leave us a note or ask a question!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...