Sunday, October 19, 2014

The Crevice Menace: An Original Halloween Song



I don't know who might have seen us mentioning this on our Tumblr, but in any case, here's a song we wrote about the monster who lives inside cracks and rips people's eyeballs out.

Sing along!

LYRICS
Lucy was a daring soul
Perhaps it was too much
She always loved to probe and pry
And see and smell and touch
One day, she found a crevice in the wall next to her bed
Her imagination soared
Clouding the common sense in her head
She went and peeked to see what might be hiding deep inside
And everything went black
And the darkness in the hole laughed

He's got three horns on his head
And hundreds more upon his back
But he's small enough to slip inside
The tiniest of cracks
Where he waits and waits and waits
Until somebody wanders by
Curiosity will be the end of that one's eyes
Don't peek inside the cracks
You won't be pleased with what you bring back

Jacob was a naive boy
With lots and lots to learn
He liked to ramble through the woods
With no care or concern
On his last hike, he came across
A cranny in a tree
His brain did somersaults
Wondering whose home it could be
He went and peeked to see what might be hiding deep inside
And everything went black
And the darkness in the hole laughed

He's got three horns on his head
And hundreds more upon his back
But he's small enough to slip inside
The tiniest of cracks
Where he waits and waits and waits
Until somebody wanders by
Curiosity will be the end of that one's eyes
Don't peek inside the cracks
You won't be pleased with what you bring back

There are monsters that live under beds
And those that live in closets
There are ghosts that haunt abandoned houses
And some that haunt your pets
But little is the legend told
Of the creature in the cracks
They call him Crevice Menace
And eyeballs are his snacks

He's got three horns on his head
And hundreds more upon his back
But he's small enough to slip inside
The tiniest of cracks
Where he waits and waits and waits
Until somebody wanders by
Curiosity will be the end of that one's eyes
Don't peek inside the cracks
You won't be pleased with what you bring back

Happy Halloween!

19 comments:

  1. Wonderful video! You have a marvelous voice. :)

    catscraftsncritters.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. CARLY. CARLY! CARLY WHY DON'T YOU JUST STRAIGHT-UP TELL EVERYONE HOW TALENTED YOU ARE, INSTEAD OF COMPLETELY BLOWING ALL OUR MINDS TO BITS AND PIECES BY PULLING ANOTHER UNKNOWN TRICK OUT OF YOUR WIZARD'S HAT?
    You've had this blog for nearly a year and we're only now discovering what a talented singer-songwriter you are.
    WHY ARE YOU SO MYSTERIOUS?
    Suggestion: When you introduce yourself to people, how about saying something along the lines of "Hi, I'm Carly. FYI---just to let you know (you know, to prevent future surprises) I am an extremely talented writer, photographer, crafter, and knitter, among many other things; I have a beautiful voice, and mind, and heart; and I am just an all-round incredibly talented person, so please do not be surprised when you see talent oozing from my pores, it's a perfectly ordinary thing."

    It is not nice to explode the minds of your friends and viewers, Carly. I don't think you understand that it is a bewildering thing, to have your mind just up and explode. You need to prepare people.

    I was not prepared, and you can see the result: caps lock shouting and scoldings.

    But *deep breath* I am calmer now, and can calmly say that 1) if that song were on iTunes right now, I would buy it in a nanosecond and 2) your slip-ups were so endearing that no one can watch them without smiling. Also: I think, from the bloopers, Silkworm is practicing to be a gymnast. (And, I have to admit, his last tumble shows a lot of potential.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KAT PLEASE STOP OH MY GOSH I'M GOING TO DROWN IN TEARS. How do I even respond to this? Obviously "thank you" means absolutely nothing and it doesn't nearly explain how much I love you.

      I'm just gonna leave this here and smile all night and probably cry a little more.

      Delete
  3. YOOOO I SECOND KAT'S SENTIMENT COMPLETELY! (Although I do remember hearing you sing before on one of the posts on Mary's blog???????) You're freaking amazing! Ahhhh seriously though!

    Also those one or two moments where you were talking your accent sounded so sweet! Definitely much nicer than my gross Aussie accent haha :) Now that you've posted one singing video you realise that you're going to have to do more right???
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha no way, let's trade accents! I've always wanted something un-American! Aaaagh thank you so much, you peoples are the sweetest peoples, I don't know what to say. ♥ And I actually enjoyed writing that song very much, so I would say keep your eyes peeled for more!

      Delete
  4. you are such an amazing ball of talent lady! love this song and video so much and the bloopers made me smile! so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. CARLY!!! I think I don't have to shout virtually at you too, because Kat and Erin did their job pretty well ;) I passionately share their opinions! WHY have you hidden your beautiful voice for so long? :O You keep telling us about other wonderful people, which makes you an incredible wonderful person too! (So, if I start throwing flower petals at strangers, will I suddenly wake up with killer ballet skills? ;) )
    So much love xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stop stop stop oh my goodness you people are turning me to mush! Oh gosh I'm so embarrassed of my voice, I'm surprised this video ever made it to the Internet. But yes, I highly advise throwing flower petals at strangers, it must have something to do with developing a talent. Aaaaghh thank you so much!

      Delete
  6. Good lord, Carly. Are you fucking kidding me? You make my heart soar. Hahahahahaha when you sang "this isn't going well" in the bloopers, I cackled like a Disney witch (which is fitting for this!) and I love you and this story and your voice and did I mention that the song you wrote me is on my Currently playlist so I listen to it at least every other day still?

    Uncustomary Art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, my name is Carly and I don't think I'm gonna stop getting all teary and emotional every time I come to read a comment on this post.

      Delete
  7. This is insanely awesome! Carly you are so talented! Like I think you could actually make a living from songwriting :D

    And it was so nice to hear and see you, like you are real human over there on the other side of the planet! With a super cool accent :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! Oh my gosh if I can figure out a way to do it, I would SO make a living songwriting. And I'm fascinated by accents myself and it always makes me go "oh yeah" when people mention I...have...one...too? Haha I should have faked a British accent just for fun.

      Delete
  8. OH MY GOD! Why don't you tell us that your voice was wonderful and you play guitar very well !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH MY GOSH why don't you tell me who you are, Anonymous? ^-^ Thank you very much!

      Delete
    2. I'm sorry to not introduce myself xD...it's just I don't have a blogspot so I don't really know how does it works haha, but if you want to know who I am, It's me-> https://www.flickr.com/photos/103569054@N07/

      Delete
    3. Oh, it's okay! I'm glad you remembered to come back to look for a reply! Your Flickr page is magical, by the way. ♥

      Delete
    4. No prob, I really like your blog!
      Oh thank you :3

      Delete

Silkworm and I love hearing what other people think. In fact, it's probably our favorite thing, so don't be shy to leave us a note or ask a question!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...