Monday, October 27, 2014

Mission of Magic: Paint Chip Scavenger Hunt

It worked!



Silkworm and I left a ring of paint chips at our favorite park, yesterday morning, and invited people to go on paint chip scavenger hunts with them like we did earlier. Delightfully, when we went back to get them before sundown, we found PARTICIPATION!



The only thing that took away from the perfection of this Mission was our forgetfulness. It keeps slipping our minds to leave hashtags for people to use on social media to share their findings. We want our Missions of Magic to be a collective happiness for everyone who participates to enjoy, not just for our own satisfaction. We'll have to go back and leave a note where the paint chips where once hanging to say thank you to whoever participated this time, and promise better communication next time.



I love to think a little kid wrote down some of these answers, especially the one about the sky through the trees, but we'll never know for sure. That's part of the magic in our Missions, though--never knowing what happened and getting to wonder about it and create our own stories. I think it's my favorite part, actually. We create an unknown when we go on our Missions of Magic, and that's a very cool thing to be responsible for.



Fact: this was the easiest, cheapest Mission we've done so far. We're definitely gonna do it again and again and again and again...

22 comments:

  1. awesome - how super sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool mission! If I was going on a hike, it would be a pleasure to participate : D

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool!! That looks like a kid's hand writing, I bet he had fun!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful! That's just marvellous. I had definitely participated too, if I'd found that mission of magic (or any other one, really) ☼

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely idea - the next step with Paint Chips. So creative and inspiring. I feel magic in the air :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its wonderful that someone participated! They must have had fun. :)

    catscraftsncritters.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're always so delighted to see interaction with our Missions. Thank you for checking this one out!

      Delete
  7. oh my goodness. this is just amazing. what a wonderful idea, oh, i love it.
    i find this so inspiring.
    also, thank you for stopping by my blog today. because you did i just found a wonderful blog and a wonderful blogger with wonderful posts. keep it up.
    -Abigail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thank you so much, I'm so happy to hear it! I should say the same right back to you. :) You've got such a sweet blog yourself!

      Delete
  8. Ah! Doesn't it feel awesome to have people participate in interactive projects?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love your amazing ideas carly! this is really really wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, such a cute and creative idea! This must have been so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so exciting to see participation!

      Delete
  11. This is such a creative idea! If only people did things like this where I live. It's also so fantastic that people actually participated! I can definitely see this becoming a trend on Instagram or something x
    -Emily | http://emilysbees.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! People don't do things like this where Silkworm and I live. We're hoping to change that. :) Wouldn't that be awesome if we made a popular hashtag out of it? Okay, goal set.

      Delete
  12. What a wonderful idea! I wish I lived near you so I could go on one of your adventures x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Wouldn't that be so much fun, oh my gosh, I'd love to meet up with so many creative people I've only ever "met" on the Internet. :)

      Delete
  13. This is such a fun, cute idea! Definitely do the hashtag next time cause I would love to see the pictures people capture! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll try to remember! We wanna see everyone's perspectives, too! We'll definitely post about it somewhere when we get to it, whether it's here or on our Tumblr blog or Instagram or something.

      Delete

Silkworm and I love hearing what other people think. In fact, it's probably our favorite thing, so don't be shy to leave us a note or ask a question!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...