Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Cellophane Window Jack-O-Lanterns

You may have spotted these guys before in our post where we presented our spooktacular Halloween decor. They're probably my favorite decoration this year. During the day, my whole room glows orange when the light pours through the orange cellophane, and at night, they can be seen glowing outside, if the lights are on in my room.

They're the easiest peasy-est decoration, actually. Check out the tutorial after the photos!









Ingredients
Black paper
Colored cellophane
Scissors
White colored pencil (for tracing)
Double-sided tape or tacky (for attaching to window)
Tape or glue



Step One: Hold up a piece of black paper to your window to trace the size, then cut it out.

Step Two: Trace a Jack-O-Lantern face on your piece of paper. Cut it out.

Step Three: On the side where the traced marks can be seen, cut out a piece of cellophane to lay over the face of your Jack-O-Lantern. Tape or glue it down.

Step Four: Fit your Jack-O-Lantern in your window and use tape or tacky to stick it there.

Step Five: Make more Jack-O-Lanterns! If not all of the window is covered with Jack-O-Lanterns, you can either cover the rest with construction paper or cellophane. Cellophane will make a lovely colored glow in the room when the light shines through.

17 comments:

  1. wow these are amazing for halloween but also scary wohoooo!

    Anyway dear, i am inviting you to join my giveaway here
    Visit my blog: www.sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has totally made my day. I love this! Not just for halloween but for LOTS OF THINGS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES. Wouldn't a little message be SO awesome in a front window? Now you've got my brain stirred!

      Delete
  3. This looks lovely! I love how the light shines through it. :)

    catscraftsncritters.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks fun! If only we did Halloween around here... BUT I will have to try this for something else :)

    Ruby xox
    www.rubydean.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, do hearts or little messages or something! Michelle (at busyweekends.com) just suggested this project is good for "LOTS OF THINGS" and it got me thinking I should definitely try this post Halloween with little messages to strangers that show up to them through the windows at night.

      Delete
  5. They look so good from the outside!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I wasn't even expecting that part! I just went outside to take pictures of the stars and I noticed my windows glowing!

      Delete
  6. Oh thanks so much for stopping by my blog and sharing your link because I LOVE your blog and all the Halloween stuff you have! These look awesome and I love love love how you draw the tutorial steps -- so unique!!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aggghh, you're so sweet! ♥ You have yourself a cute and quirky blog, too!

      Delete
  7. i love love love this so very much. i think the one i saw was slightly different (just used black cardboard to cut out shapes). the effect of it is so great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. whoa this is so creative and easy to do! love it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are super cute! I wish Halloween was a bigger thing in the UK like it is in the states. Also love all the illustrated elements in your blog. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Halloween is my favorite holiday, I don't think I'd be able to survive without it in the UK. And thank you so much! ♥

      Delete
  10. This is a wonderful idea!! It looks so fun from outside!!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete

Silkworm and I love hearing what other people think. In fact, it's probably our favorite thing, so don't be shy to leave us a note or ask a question!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...