Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Cats in Hats Embroidered Jacket

I fell head over heels in love with this jacket when I spotted it at Target, and though I've been trying not to spend money on brand new clothes, I couldn't pass it up. It's been the only piece of clothing I've bought from a store other than a thrift store in at least a year, probably two.

It's covered in cats, though--really cute cats, actually--and that being said, I knew I wasn't going to be the only person who fell in love with it. I've already seen it on someone else. The cool thing about thrift store shopping is that you typically don't see the clothes you find in anyone else's wardrobe.

I had to bring my kitty jacket up to par. So the cats got some hats.

I am by no means good at embroidery. If there's a way to do it, I've never learned; I just know how to put fabric on an embroidery hoop and poke a needle through and through and through. But I like that a lot about this embellishment. I like that it's imperfect. If I'd known how to fill in shapes better, or outline them better, I don't think I'd like how this came out half as much as I do.

I think I'm going to keep adding hats to the rest of the cats until they've all go their own accessories to scream their personalities. And I do believe one needs a mustache. And they all need names.







23 comments:

  1. WHAAAAAT. My Target doesn't have anything this adorable!!! I'm super jealous. It's really cute (and that might be a biased opinion since I really love cats, hehe)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I figured they'd all carry the same stuff, but I guess not--that stinks! Thank you anyways, I hope you'll find some kitty-adorned clothing for yourself soon enough. :)

      Delete
  2. That is an ADORABLE sweater! What a creative idea to give each cat an individual hat :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have to think of some more hat ideas, but I can't wait to see all of them dressed up!

      Delete
  3. This is awfully cute! I think it would look great on each of them to have their own personality :) And it adds a pop of color to the coat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was worried they'd be too colorful, but it turns out forest green is kind of a neutral color, I guess!

      Delete
  4. This is honestly the most beautiful jacket I've ever seen. ☼ If I had one, I'd wear it every day! You've got to keep us updated, and we want to know all their names and personalities, when it's finished ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, will do! I'll try to make a little note about each and every one in another post when it's all finally finished. :)

      Delete
  5. What a cute sweater! I love how you personalized it and made it your own. :)

    catscraftsncritters.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE that jacket! I love how you added little hats to each cat, that is so cool! I agree that the good thing about buying from a thrift store is that you are waaaay less likely to see someone else wearing the same stuff!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessica! Yeah thrift store finds are my kind of quirky. I know a lot of people don't like them specifically because of that, though, or maybe because some clothes can be worn out or have odd fits--but at least there's still stuff like embroidering hats on cats on a jacket you bought brand new!

      Delete
  7. What a cute sweater! I love what you did with the hats! Super creative =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh this is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is adorable.
    Also: The cat in the brown hat looks like a Jedidiah.

    ReplyDelete
  10. so so cute! i wanted to learn embroidery and make some doggy bandanas with embroidery on them but they didn't quite turn out the way i had expected! gonna have to pick it up again! this has inspired me! great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh doggy bandanas would be so cute! I hope you get to make some. Embroidery looks good on everything.

      Delete
  11. My mom has that jacket too ;) it's super cute and I love your take on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my favorite jacket, especially now with all the happy cats in hats. I love it so much! Thank you!

      Delete

Silkworm and I love hearing what other people think. In fact, it's probably our favorite thing, so don't be shy to leave us a note or ask a question!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...