Friday, October 31, 2014

A Blanket Fort a Month: October '14



We made October's blanket-fort-a-month yesterday on Halloween Eve. The inside is quite small--a cozy kind of small. We pinched a bit of the sheet on both sides and hung it away from the side of the bed to create a little more space, but it's still barely enough to sit up inside, let alone sit up tall, yet it doesn't make either of us claustrophobic being inside. The tininess does make us think of claustrophobia, though, and seeing as fear is part of Halloween, I think we did a good job with this month's fort.





If you're looking for more blanket fort inspiration, check out our past blanket forts, or head on over to our Etsy shop to have a look at "A Guide to Building and Festooning Blanket Forts." And as always, tell us if you make any blanket forts and please oh please send pictures!

8 comments:

  1. I love the idea of a blanket fort a month! This one looks so cozy. :)

    catscraftsncritters.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This one was perfect for sleeping in and daydreaming, but nothing much more. We've since taken it down.

      Delete
  2. I love making blanket forts and tents with my little cousins! :)
    I just followed your blog. I think it's amazing. :) Let me know what you think about mine. xx

    Sammie
    sammiethestargirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My life has been lacking in blanket forts lately. Maybe now the warmer weather is here I can make one to sleep in... OUTSIDE!?!?! Yes I like this idea.

    Hahah sorry this is not so much a comment as a train of thought, but your fort looks so comfy cosy!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do that, I'm counting on seeing photos and hearing all about it. ♥ And if I fall in love with the idea anymore, I just might not have the patience to wait for warm weather to be a copycat!

      Delete
  4. This is wonderful!! I absolutely love this! I want to build a fort!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! If you do build a fort, please oh please feel free to send us pictures!

      Delete

Silkworm and I love hearing what other people think. In fact, it's probably our favorite thing, so don't be shy to leave us a note or ask a question!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...