Tuesday, September 9, 2014

September 8th's Full Moon



Silly me, thinking it was a good idea to take a magical stuffed bear camping on a full moon. Spoiler alert: it's not.

We got to enjoy the sunset--surprisingly, since we expected Silkworm to start showing symptoms of moon sickness as early as 6:00, with the peak being at 9:38 PM. The sunset was gorgeous, actually, but it was as if it was all in the moon's diabolical plans, because the delightfully hot pink sky stole our attention and ripped our guards down. Let's just say that when Silkworm started talking gibberish and I locked him in the car to keep my mom from hearing him (since she's a Non-Believer, and then I fell asleep, I wasn't necessarily ready to wake up in the middle of the night and battle the magical creature that had been released from the treasure chest Silkworm had dug up from out of the ground.

If we didn't have a guardian dragon watching out for us, we'd be the kind of toast that's so burnt, the crust turns to ashes when you poke at them. Thankfully, Raaisel was there looking out for us, though. Oh my butterfly, we owe so many lives to that dragon. I don't think we'll ever be able to repay him--especially when he keeps taking off so hastily! We never even get to say hello anymore!

And then there's the strange little bit about Silkworm's arm that sounds slightly irrelevant but it must have had something to do with our brawl with the creature. At some point last night, Silkworm lost a piece of fabric on his arm and the stuffing was exposed. He said it didn't hurt or anything. I planned to sew it back up when we got home the next day, but as it so happens, it seems to have patched itself up all by itself. Magic. It's got something for everything.

6 comments:

  1. I thought September's Supermoon may have caused some chaos for you! I think I woke up around 2am and couldn't fall back to sleep for ages because it was shining right through my bedroom window and lighting everything up. It was so gorgeous though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I didn't even know it was a supermoon! That makes so much more sense now. And I remember it looking like dawn when I woke up in the middle of the night; it was definitely bright! Gosh, I wonder if I would have changed my mind and stayed home with Silkworm if I'd known it was a supermoon.

      Delete
  2. Reading what you write makes me know that there is hope for the world after all <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you understand how happy it made me to read this. ♥

      Delete
  3. The moon held such strange and wonderful things in its shiny presence that night and I'm afraid that, while it unlocked some wonderful magical powers, it also unleashed a few little mischievous things that won't go down so easily! I'm glad you braved sitting under its mighty power! Maybe next full moon (super or not), I'll be ready <3

    ReplyDelete

Silkworm and I love hearing what other people think. In fact, it's probably our favorite thing, so don't be shy to leave us a note or ask a question!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...