Tuesday, September 16, 2014

A Blanket Fort a Month: Julgustemper '14

Julgustemper
Noun. Jull-gus-TEM-bur. A pretend month combining July, August, and September, made-up by Carly and Silkworm because they were silly gooses and forgot all about their blanket fort tradition for two whole months.

We felt like we needed to make it up to our promised audience as well as ourselves. Thus, not only did we rearrange my bed to be able to make a different kind of fort than usual, but inside we worked on and finally finished the cherry on top of this month's blanket fort: a new zine called "A Guide to Building and Festooning Blanket Forts". The 16-page booklet, full of ideas and craft tutorials, is officially listed for sale at our Etsy shop. Go get one, they're $5 each.

As for the decorations, you might recognize them from past tutorial posts we've done! See how to make the star garland here and how to make a dream catcher here.

It's nice to have a fort in my room again. We missed being blanket fort dwellers.









Check out more photos of the inside of the zine on Etsy, where you can order one for yourself!

6 comments:

  1. Such a great idea! And the zine seems really sweet. :)

    catscraftsncritters.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love seeing your blanket forts. They make me want to build my own as well. I planted my sensitive plant a couple of weeks back (about a week before I went to Denmark, I got my roommate to water it in that week). It's growing so fast! I haven't dared to touch it yet, because I know it takes a lot of energy. And I want it to grow strong first. Had to think of you in the process :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eep, you lucky duck! That's so cool that you've planted your very own sensitive plant. We miss Plucky so much. I hope your plant grows into the lovely bush it's meant to be, and I hope we get to hear about it!

      Delete
  3. I just wish I had you in my day to day life, I feel like you would make my mind wander further and my days more lovely. I wish I just had the freedom of thought and creativity that you do! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, I'm totally gushing right now, you are way too sweet, thank you! ♥

      Delete
  4. Majestic blanket fort! (And your zine looks super cool, too!) Happy Julgustemper! :D

    ReplyDelete

Silkworm and I love hearing what other people think. In fact, it's probably our favorite thing, so don't be shy to leave us a note or ask a question!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...