Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Raising Sensitive Plants: The Death of Plucky



I think it is pretty safe to say an awfully shriveled Plucky has floated up to the little plant heaven in the sky. It has been more than three days since we found him like this on the windowsill. We forgot to water him for probably three days straight, and while that's usually not a probably, it's been particularly sunny and dry. Oh gosh, he must have died so thirsty. Meanwhile, Silkworm and I are drowning in guilt.

Not to say we're replacing Plucky--one couldn't possibly replace that brave little soldier--but it's lonely without his green presence. So we're thinking of starting a sprout nursery in my bedroom. We're going to start with organic pea sprouts in mason jars and maybe we'll have to grow some wheat grass for the ratties. I don't think we'll be mentioning it any further here, unless there's reason to, but we'll definitely keep our tiny audience updated on our Tumblr!

7 comments:

  1. RIP Plucky. He was certainly a little trooper, and it was a pleasure to watch him grow.

    I'll definitely keep checking your Tumblr for updates on your sprout nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww poor Plucky. :(

    catscraftsncritters.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww RIP Plucky. i definitely have a black thumb but i try to improve each time i buy a plant. now i'm trying to grow my own things... i hope i grow a green thumb soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! I think it definitely depends on where you buy your plants, though, too, so don't think you've got a black thumb if you get your plants from a place like Home Depot where they might be pot bound and dependent on growth hormones!

      And I just *forget* to take care of my plants! Like, I am so good at forgetting about everything. Someday when I get myself a smartphone and set reminders for everything, I think I'll be better about remembering, haha!

      Delete
  4. Awwies RIP Plucky :c I have had basil on my windowsill, partially died and
    partial survived... Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! At least part of it survived! I'm actually somewhat second guessing Plucky right now, because he's not getting any worse...We snipped off his stem to see if his roots could grow a new Plucky, but no progress has been made so far. We'll have to see! And we still need to get soil for planting those other seeds. :P

      Delete

Silkworm and I love hearing what other people think. In fact, it's probably our favorite thing, so don't be shy to leave us a note or ask a question!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...