Thursday, July 3, 2014

To Peek at the Mountains























"The sky's looking a little creepy."

Madre, me, and Silkworm all went upstate New York for a couple nights this week. The first night was spent tent camping at a KOA in the muggy buggy high 90's heat, and the second was spent in a hotel bed waiting out a nasty thunderstorm. We had to leave early this morning to keep from getting caught in Hurricane Arthur.

Otherwise, upstate was gorgeous. We were sad we didn't get to see any waterfalls because we couldn't take the mosquito population in the woods (and we never ever wear bug spray), but the mountains were enough. We've been surrounded by flat land and beaches for essentially our entire lives. Sometimes, you just gotta see how the other half lives.

(And I think we've concluded, we're just fine and dandy with how we live.)

6 comments:

  1. A great start to your summer! It looks beautiful up there! I was born in the Colorado mountains but have mostly lived in cities and near the beach(currently) my whole life. I'd like to experience how the other half lives too, although I would probably be a convert. :) Also the 6th picture down, where the mountains almost appear blue is one of the most beautiful pictures I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely! I mean, I'm a nervous traveler, but the sights were certainly easy on the eyes. Oh, thank you so much, you should have seen it in person! I loved being surrounded by hazy blue mountain outlines on the horizon.

      Delete
  2. Wow, what beautiful shots! my camping trips always seem to get rained out as well ,but at least you got one great night in!

    Little Blue Backpack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean, if we weren't tent camping, I wouldn't mind a little rain from inside an RV/trailer, but thunder and a hurricane on the way? No thank you!

      (And thank you so much for the compliments on the photos!)

      Delete
  3. Your pictures are amazing, especially these ones with sheep <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous scenery, looks like a great trip, glad you missed the hurricane!

    ReplyDelete

Silkworm and I love hearing what other people think. In fact, it's probably our favorite thing, so don't be shy to leave us a note or ask a question!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...