Saturday, July 26, 2014

Mission of Magic: Chalking the Streets with Truths

Silkworm and I took my mom's bike (Lucy, my bike, is feeling a little under the weather and has to go in for a check-up) to the bay to write our favorite quote in the shoulder of the street with chalk. It took about six pieces of chalk in total but only less than ten minutes to get it all down, because we were racing what looked like a mini storm brewing in the sky. A guy walked past with his dog and told us "Hope the rain doesn't wash it away," and then we thought about it and came to the conclusion that it would kind of add a dose of magic if it did.

It's since drizzled a tad and now it's dry outside, but the weathermen are assuring us the evidence of this Mission of Magic will be cleaned up in tomorrow's showers (con thunderstorms).



"We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us."
- Charles Bukowski

10 comments:

  1. It looks wonderful! I love your blog, too, by the way. :)

    catscraftsncritters.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you oh so much, Silkworm and I love the little felt crafts you make at your blog, too! :)

      Delete
  2. Just goes to prove that you don't need to spend a bucket of money or travel far to have a minute of bliss. Tel Silkworm I said hi! *waves*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES. We didn't even buy this chalk yesterday, we found it in the cupboard! And I'm sure you could find chalk on clearance in the winter or something, or at a yard sale. :)

      Silkworm is waving back, he's such a goofball.

      Delete
  3. Sidewalk chalk is magical in itself, and I love that you'e used its powers for good. I also love how much you love this quote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I literally can't get over it, I don't think it will ever become a cliché in my head.

      Delete
    2. It's fantastic that you got all positive replies. Sometimes Adults are afraid of Chalk. I don't believe I will ever understand Grown Ups.

      Delete
    3. Humans are a strange species. ;) The only thing I'm afraid of about chalk is lead, which is often in off-brands made in China, but I know Crayola chalk is lead-free!

      Delete

Silkworm and I love hearing what other people think. In fact, it's probably our favorite thing, so don't be shy to leave us a note or ask a question!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...