Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Go for It

Trust your gut. Give the soupy feelings a week or two to simmer, if thinking you need that time is another gut feeling, but if it's still sloshing around afterward, stop waiting for it to go away because it's not going to. Spontaneous decisions are nothing to be ashamed of. There's always the slight chance you'll regret it, but if you're yearning so deeply for change that your stomach won't come out of the knots it's got itself tied up in and your head won't stop dreaming, day and night, about the possible outcomes of the choice you're trying to make, the post-regret simply won't measure up to the in-between-regret. You don't have to settle for anything; you have to live your life and you have to live it now, because anything can steal your life at anytime, and it would be terrible if it was stolen while you were wasting time in a chair you were antsy and uncomfortable sitting in.



Stand up and go find another chair, even if you feel silly giving up the coziest lean-back leather chair in the room. Maybe the wooden rocking chair across the floor looks a little rickety, but for some reason you know you're going to like it more. It's okay to relinquish a crown, it's okay to push a plate of cake away, it's okay to give up.

Whatever it is, go for it.

5 comments:

  1. Yes! Agreed. Settling for things is an unacceptable way to live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well said, sister :)
    you're right! anyway, i guess, we should change the seats more often... one day we might like to sit in the front row, another in the lightning supervisor's room...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it when people keep metaphors going. <3

      Delete
  3. Thank you for this. This is just what I needed. Your images--both the ones you photograph and the ones you create with your words and metaphors--are absolutely beautiful. Your command of words is incredible; it seems so effortless, like you just breathe them out onto the page. You capture these feelings so wonderfully, so perfectly. Thank you so much for sharing your words, your pictures, your feelings, and your talent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're gonna make me cry gosh darn it Kat the tears are coming! I assure you it takes much longer than a few seconds for my brain to sort things out and match feelings with the exact right words. Sometimes I can spend hours wording the same paragraph, and I can't tell you how many times I use the backspace key. I don't think I could ever call myself a writer because I don't feel like I can ever choose the right words to express what's inside me (but I definitely feel like I can photograph what's inside me). :)

      Thank you thank you thank you. <3

      Delete

Silkworm and I love hearing what other people think. In fact, it's probably our favorite thing, so don't be shy to leave us a note or ask a question!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...