Friday, May 2, 2014

Beaded Wire Crown

Crowns are unnaturally important to Silkworm and I. When we spotted a fancy-dancy beaded one on Pinterest, jaws dropped. We had to have one for ourselves--and of course, we had to share. Since our tutorial is a bit vague, so as to give you creative freedom, you can do a Google or Pinterest search for beaded wire crowns to find inspiration. There are some really beautifully elaborate ones out there, so even if you're sure you know what you're doing, we really recommend taking a peak!



(Perhaps you'll notice we used our wire crown from a previous tutorial as the base for this crown. I still have to get to beading Silkworm's tiny crown, too!)

Ingredients
Thick wire
Thin wire
Wire cutters (or scissors)
Beads
Charms (optional)



Step One: Make a wire crown to serve as the base you'll be decorating with beads.

Step Two: Wrap pieces of thin wire around your crown, threading beads on here and there. If you want dangling beads, use eye pins or a couple jump rings to make charms out of beads and thread them onto your wire.

Revel in your masterpiece! I trust you'll let us do the same by sending us a picture.

2 comments:

  1. I don't have any beads or crystals but I really want to do this to my crown immediately! Maybe I'll make some out of Sculpey and glitter. Yours is beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Ooh, homemade beads would be even cooler! I expect to see photos! ^-^

      Delete

Silkworm and I love hearing what other people think. In fact, it's probably our favorite thing, so don't be shy to leave us a note or ask a question!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...