Sunday, May 4, 2014

Beach Camping

Two weeks ago, I took Silkworm on his first camping trip, and since I was zonked from work and we didn't come totally prepared, we used most of our time to plan for our next trip, which happened to be this weekend at a campground on the beach, as opposed to a campground with a beach.







Even with two weeks worth of planning, we still didn't get to doing 90% of our to-do list. We did, however, almost spend the night at the campground--we made it to snuggling up under one measly sleeping bag as the temperature started to drop to 40 degrees in the darkness--but then Madre said she couldn't get comfortable, and knowing Saturday would have been a wasted day if we both weren't well-slept, we decided to head home and then returned at 5:30 AM the next day to catch the sunrise and search for sneaky critters.













I think it was the waking-up-at-5:00 AM that sucked my energy reserves dry for the rest of Saturday, but catching the sunrise was so worth it. Even leaving at 10:30 PM the night before was worth it because we got to see a fox on our way out, rummaging through some careless camper's garbage for a split second before it darted for the bushes once it realized it was glowing in our headlights. The deer that I photographed, on the other hand, are a common sight at that beach. Ignorant people are silly enough to feed them, so they're very accustomed to being surrounded by humans.







Now, at the moment, we haven't got any other camping reservations scheduled or written on the calendar to look forward to, but Madre and I have been eagerly discussing tent camping lately, and I assume, since the weather's warming up, the three of us--her, Silkworm, and I--will be spontaneously pitching our tents at a campground in no time.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, you guys are camping up a storm! You're going to have so many badges by the end of the summer. :)
    I love all the pictures, but I think the ones of the deer are my favorite. We have a lot of deer around our beaches but they're much more skittish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, right?! Haha, I'm surprised we don't already have all of the badges! We're missing "went on a scavenger hunt" and "built a sandcastle", but I'm sure we'll be able to earn those next time. Aww, that's so cool about the deer! Even though it's nice when they're human-friendly, I prefer skittish deer because it means they'll stay out of the roads and a lot of car accidents will be avoided!

      Delete
  2. OH.MY.ACTUAL.GOODNESS I cannot believe how beautiful this is! Those first two photos! The first one especially; it looks like something that would fit into a story, like the sun is rising over an abandoned world and you are the only person left on earth.

    Wow I'm getting carried away. Long story short I am in love with this post and you should never stop taking photos!

    xx Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw shucks, thank you so much, it means a lot! That's exactly how it felt, since we were up so early at a campground of late-night party people who couldn't be bothered to wake up at 5:30 to watch the sunrise!

      Delete
  3. Those pictures! Gosh, I just want to buy them and blow them up to hang on the walls of my room, they're so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Silkworm and I love hearing what other people think. In fact, it's probably our favorite thing, so don't be shy to leave us a note or ask a question!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...