So there's an award project thingy going around, and until a couple days ago, Silkworm and I had only vaguely heard of it in the blogging community, but when RaChil of The Cwafty Blog nominated Zauberbear for a Liebster Award, we found out just how great the awards truly are!
The Liebster Awards are designed to get new blogs or blogs with tiny followings recognized by giving the nominees the opportunity to introduce themselves as well as nominate several more blogs for the awards. The nominee answers the 11 questions provided by the person who nominated them, tells 11 facts about themselves, nominates up to 11 other blogs and informs those blogs, and then provides 11 questions for the new nominees to answer. You can read more about the whole thing here!
With all that said, Silkworm and I proudly accept our nomination, and we'll get on with our nominee chores straight away.
11 Facts About Silkworm and I
1. I think about how short life can be cut so often that it's the foundational reason for all of my decisions.
2. I use a British accent when I talk to myself.
3. I work on an organic farm, as of March 2014. My younger self would be so proud.
4. I cry when I'm overwhelmed with any emotion, be it sadness, happiness, anger, et cetera.
5. Cliches make me cringe and I try my best to avoid them at all costs.
6. I find it easy to change my mind, which works out great for me because it makes me open-minded and relentlessly optimistic.
7. I play guitar and I know an itty bit of chords and strumming patterns on the ukelele--but I haven't seen my uke in ages and I don't know where it disappeared to!
8. I suffer from separation anxiety in regards to my camera. It's hard for me to enjoy a moment without him there to enjoy it with me.
9. I'm absolutely terrified of driving, no matter who's holding the steering wheel, for the following reasons: other drivers' carelessness, the fact that a human is in control of a 2-ton block of metal and flammable liquids, and the chance of accidentally injuring or killing another living thing.
10. I don't eat wheat, dairy, or eggs, and I try to eat as natural and organic as possible.
11. Being a photographer, I prefer cloudy days over sunny ones.
1. He's a master cloud-watcher (meaning he's very imaginative about what clouds look like).
2. His birthday is coming up on April 15th, which is a full moon and a lunar eclipse this year!
3. He sprouts wings every once in a while.
4. He came from an AC Moore craft store.
5. He loves to draw, and everything he draws is always animated when his magic enchants it (one of the very few times we can accurately predict how his magic will affect something).
6. He is a TY beanie baby, and his ear tag originally assigned him a female gender and the name "Pecan"--which his tush tag still insists.
7. There's no reason behind his name. I figured I'd name him something meaningless so he could fill it with meaning.
8. His favorite vegetable is acorn squash.
9. A lot of words make him giggle (fickle, shenanigans...).
10. He's afraid of things like anyone else, but he doesn't let his fears hold him back. I feed off of his bravery when I need extra.
11. He likes to write poetry.
12. He thinks very deeply and will suddenly blurt out very wise things.
11 Questions from The Cwafty Blog
1. Whats your favorite color combination?
Every sunset I've ever witnessed.
2. If you could have any animal in the world for a pet what would it be?
Gosh, man, I love my ratties. I mean, can I say a rat with a longer lifespan? That's the only sad thing about having rats as pets and getting so attached to something that lives 2 or 3 years, on average.
3. Coffee or tea? How do you take it?
I'm pretty sure I'll go my whole life without tasting coffee. I love the smell, but I'm gluten intolerant and supposedly coffee gets cross-contaminated often, so I don't think I'll ever try it. As for tea, I mostly drink green Rooibos tea in the summer when I have peaches to make honey peach lemon Rooibos tea! Mmmm!
4. Can you do a really good fake accent?
I freak my mom out with my British accent, and I think I do it pretty well, but no one British has ever been able to vouch for me and say it sounds good.
5. What's the first thing you ever remember making?
I am so bad at childhood memories. They seem to have been balled up in a great big mess and stuffed into a corner, so they're not so chronological anymore. My mom always tells me, though, that she let me pick up paintbrushes when I could barely talk, which is when I developed the weird way I hold my pencil (in my right hand in a fist, between my middle and ring finger, behind the second knuckle).
6. What made you want to start blogging?
I felt like an alien on Earth, but I knew there were other aliens out there, and I wanted to communicate with them somehow. A lot of those aliens seemed to have blogs, so I thought starting my own would be a great first step to meeting the other aliens--and it's been working great so far! Plus, personally, I wanted to be able to document my life with Silkworm, because it's pretty cool.
7. Favorite artistic/crafty medium to work with?
I love scrap-booking and journaling, but I haven't been doing much of that, lately. I don't know, I'm not sure I have a favorite medium. I tend to get infatuated with certain crafts and mediums for a while and then I lose interest and move onto the next thing.
8. A movie you know word for word? (If you're not as obsessive as I am, just your favorite will work!)
I am so bad at picking a favorite movie! I don't like to "waste my time" watching movies I don't absolutely love, so really every movie I see holds a special place in my heart. How about I list a few? How to Train Your Dragon, Shutter Island, Wreck It Ralph,
9. What do you like to do when you're not dazzling the internet with your creative genius?
We like to go sailing in our walnut boat, especially when there's a puddle waiting for us (otherwise we have to make one). I also love having conceptual photo shoots, which I post photos from on my Flickr along with other daily life photos. If I had my driver's license and could get myself to a nearby park, I'd also say I love taking hikes there, but that's a spare-time-filler for the future.
10. Whats the last show you marathoned?
Supernatural. From the end of September to the beginning of October, watching a new episode (or three) was all Silkworm and I did when we had free time and nothing else on our to-do list. When we finished, the flame of passion was quickly snuffed out for some reason, but the marathon itself was incredible. We always remember it whenever we have Way Better sweet potato chips, because that was usually our viewing snack.
1. Uncustomary Art
2. Busy Weekends
3. The Halfway Point
4. Magical Daydream
11 Questions for the Nominees
1. Sandcastles or mud pies?
2. What's your six-word story?
3. What's the best joke you've ever heard?
4. Do you believe in ghosts?
5. What are you made of?
6. What's your motto?
7. What was the last thing you cried about?
8. What would you do if you could do anything right now, regardless of money, obligations, etc.?
9. What are you afraid of?
10. What can you always count on to make you smile?
11. What's your favorite kind of sky (i.e. starry, sunset, etc.)?
If any nominees happen to want an artsy watercolor badge instead of the other badges floating around, Silkworm and I took the liberty of making our own that you can use without crediting us or notifying us or anything. Just right click and save the one you want to your computer to "download" it! Feel free to resize them, edit them--anything you want! You can even make your own, if you'd rather.
An extra thank you and shout out to RaChil of The Cwafty Blog for the nomination! It was such a surprise and Silkworm and I are so happy to be able to nominate our own favorite blogs and bloggers whom we think deserve to be recognized.