Silkworm and I are looking forward to our first camping trip of the year this April, which will be during Easter weekend, so we wrote out a to-do list just in case we forget all the fun there is to be had and need something to jog our memories.
1. Have a scavenger hunt.
2. Play tic-tac-toe in the dirt.
3. Play card games.
4. Make a fire and light sticks on fire only to blow them out and use the smoke to write in the air.
5. Build a fairy house.
6. Make a nest of blankets in the tent and read a book.
7. Sit outside and knit or crochet.
8. Walk to the beach to eat breakfast there.
9. Make a fancy schmancy sandcastle at the beach.
10. Wake up before the sunrise to go out and search for deer.
11. Have camp nicknames to call each other whilst at the campground.
12. Play Frisbee.
13. Go on Missions of Magic.
14. Make popcorn over the campfire.
15. Make a "free leaf crowns" stand.
16. Visit the osprey nest to see if any ospreys are using it.
17. Play guitar.
18. Make leaf art.
19. Make stone mosaics at the beach.
20. Make friendship bracelets.
21. Play with glow sticks.
22. Go on the swings at the playground.
23. Find a jellyfish at the beach.
24. Go on a bike ride.
25. Roast fruit over the campfire.
26. Leave Easter eggs around the campground on Easter Sunday.
27. Blow bubbles.
28. Make a nature necklace.
29. Bury a time capsule.
30. Collect feathers.
31. Photograph every sunset.
32. Visit Mars (we'll explain later).
33. Sketch tiny things we find.
34. Do an experiment.
35. Have a bunch of photo shoots.
36. Learn how to tie knots.
37. Make a stick shelter in the woods.
38. Identify plants.
39. Roast something on a kabob.
40. Collect more pebbles for our Happy Wagon.
41. Make a hiking stick.
42. Play Mad Libs.
43. Make a dream catcher.
44. Play Premonition Bingo on a hike.
46. Paint with watercolors.
47. Go sailing in our walnut boat.
48. Draw with chalk.
49. Feed the birds.
50. Tell epic tales around the campfire.
It's gonna be amazing.