Wednesday, April 9, 2014

The Happy Camper's To-Do List

Silkworm and I are looking forward to our first camping trip of the year this April, which will be during Easter weekend, so we wrote out a to-do list just in case we forget all the fun there is to be had and need something to jog our memories.



1. Have a scavenger hunt.
2. Play tic-tac-toe in the dirt.
3. Play card games.
4. Make a fire and light sticks on fire only to blow them out and use the smoke to write in the air.
5. Build a fairy house.
6. Make a nest of blankets in the tent and read a book.
7. Sit outside and knit or crochet.
8. Walk to the beach to eat breakfast there.
9. Make a fancy schmancy sandcastle at the beach.
10. Wake up before the sunrise to go out and search for deer.
11. Have camp nicknames to call each other whilst at the campground.
12. Play Frisbee.
13. Go on Missions of Magic.
14. Make popcorn over the campfire.
15. Make a "free leaf crowns" stand.
16. Visit the osprey nest to see if any ospreys are using it.
17. Play guitar.
18. Make leaf art.
19. Make stone mosaics at the beach.
20. Make friendship bracelets.
21. Play with glow sticks.
22. Go on the swings at the playground.
23. Find a jellyfish at the beach.
24. Go on a bike ride.
25. Roast fruit over the campfire.
26. Leave Easter eggs around the campground on Easter Sunday.
27. Blow bubbles.
28. Make a nature necklace.
29. Bury a time capsule.
30. Collect feathers.
31. Photograph every sunset.
32. Visit Mars (we'll explain later).
33. Sketch tiny things we find.
34. Do an experiment.
35. Have a bunch of photo shoots.
36. Learn how to tie knots.
37. Make a stick shelter in the woods.
38. Identify plants.
39. Roast something on a kabob.
40. Collect more pebbles for our Happy Wagon.
41. Make a hiking stick.
42. Play Mad Libs.
43. Make a dream catcher.
44. Play Premonition Bingo on a hike.
45. Stargaze.
46. Paint with watercolors.
47. Go sailing in our walnut boat.
48. Draw with chalk.
49. Feed the birds.
50. Tell epic tales around the campfire.

It's gonna be amazing.

5 comments:

  1. This post makes me want to go camping so bad! Glow sticks are my favourite thing ever! When I was five though I was spinning one around really fast and it hit me in the eye, so I have a red scar in my eye now which will stay there for the rest of my life. Oh the battlewounds of childhood :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh! But that's such a story to tell about a scar. Ahh, I wish I could bring you camping with me!

      Delete
  2. I have never been camping before! I always used to build tents and have camping sleepovers though, but they just weren't the same. I hope you have fun (with that list how could you fail?) and I can't wait to see any pictures you may take!

    Also I wanted to nominate you for a Liebster award, and if you don't know what that is just check out the post I did for mine. http://thecwaftyblog.blogspot.com/2014/04/i-got-nominated-for-liebster-award.html
    Let me know if you'd like to accept the nomination! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way! Gosh, I wish we could take everyone with us and give you all the Zauberbear camping experience. Thank you!

      Ahh, and more thanks are in order! Thank you so much, Silkworm and I are honored! I've heard about the Liebster awards a little bit; it sounds like such a cool project! I'll send you an email right away. ^-^ (Congrats on being nominated yourself!)

      Delete
  3. With a list like that, I'm sure you guys are going to have a blast! Be sure to take lots of pictures to capture all of the memories! ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Silkworm and I love hearing what other people think. In fact, it's probably our favorite thing, so don't be shy to leave us a note or ask a question!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...