Saturday, April 12, 2014

Cultivate Your Weirdness

I will never understand what humans have against weirdness. They think it's embarrassing, they try to cover it up, they want to cure it--but who said it was a disease?



You ought to embrace your personal brand of weirdness, and flaunt it. Being different and standing out are things you should be proud you have the power to do. Naturally, people are going to shoot you funny looks and maybe even laugh, but it's nothing against you. They're not used to such unabashed behavior, and honestly, they're probably jealous because they'd love to have the courage to wear pom pom tights and sing to the birds in public.

Take off your medical mask and sneeze out your weirdness. It deserves to be witnessed, and you have every right to love it and use it out loud.

10 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post. Society reinforces conformity, and being "different" or "weird" is too often represented as a "bad" thing.

    And, well, put simply:

    Society is wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Precisely. Society is boring and wrong. Silly society.

      Delete
  2. <3 In love with the term "sneeze out your weirdness"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really needed this tonight. I thought that being imaginative was weird or carrying Whitefang(my magical dog friend) around with me everywhere. Seeing this and looking at the advice from my friend makes me realize that I need to live by my own words: "Weird is normal" anyway, I love this post and me and Whitefang love your blog WE keep up on it almost every day ^_^ keep up the beautiful pictures please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy to hear that; it means so much to us! And I'm really happy our advice encouraged you. Silkworm says he really wants to meet Whitefang, haha. ^-^

      Delete
    2. We're thinking of making our own blog soon but we got some thinking to do :) Whitefang is really happy and hopes they can meet someday! ^_^

      Delete

Silkworm and I love hearing what other people think. In fact, it's probably our favorite thing, so don't be shy to leave us a note or ask a question!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...