Monday, March 17, 2014

March 16th's Full Moon

I usually keep an eye on Silkworm during full moons, hoping to be there to fix things in case anything goes horribly wrong, but this was the first time I didn't watch him. I couldn't. He disappeared.

We woke up with the full moon in mind, mentally preparing ourselves and keeping the peak time, 1:09 PM, at the top of our list of priorities. After eating breakfast, I left Silkworm in my room when I went downstairs to put my plate away, and by the time I came back, he was nowhere to be found. I called out for him, looked all over my room, scrutinized the rest of the rooms upstairs. It took a good half hour of hardcore searching to get me to surrender.

But I never once stopped worrying. My brain involuntarily dedicated the whole day to imagining the worst of the worst case scenarios it could come up with. There was a back-to-back horror movie marathon going on in my head, and it was gruesome and terrifying.

My little magical hazard was gone for almost every hour of daylight--except the last, when he finally showed up again. I was in the living room on the computer when I heard him say my name like a question behind me, and immediately, I figured it was time to ease up and relax--until I turned around. He was dripping with something red, and wearing the same worried look I had on my face.

"Okay. Let's not panic," I said, more for calming myself down than anything else.

I bent down to reach him and stuck a finger into the slime, and then I crossed the fingers of my other hand--and the toes of both feet--and licked it.



A chorus of sighs from each of my bones made a chill of relief inside me. "It's tomato sauce," I half-laughed.

Silkworm let out a sigh of relief, too. Who knows why it was tomato sauce, but we both figured it must be safe to say nothing horrible happened while he was MIA. No fairytale full moon story was told that night, but a few hours later, we watched the new episode of The Walking Dead, and we thanked every teensy weensy particle of the universe we didn't have our own bloodshed on our hands to deal with.

The next full moon will be here to mess with Silkworm on April 15th, but it'll be peaking at 3:43 AM, so I'll probably be staying up all night to keep the chaos under control. Perhaps I'll have a one-person party to keep myself awake.


Read about how full moons affect Silkworm here, and read more full moon stories here!

5 comments:

  1. Be careful with the next full moon....it's a total lunar eclipse!

    x Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eek, we didn't even realize! Thanks for the heads-up!

      Delete
  2. Goodness, what adventures Silkworm must get himself into! I'm imagining him starting a food fight in an Italian restaurant, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I wonder. There doesn't seem to be anything in the news! We've been thinking about it, and maybe he just raided people's houses and ate their tomato sauce. Perhaps missing tomato sauce would be subtle enough to go unnoticed.

      Delete

Silkworm and I love hearing what other people think. In fact, it's probably our favorite thing, so don't be shy to leave us a note or ask a question!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...