Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Toodle-Oo, 2013

With a birthday lingering in the middle of June, I don't believe the first day of the new calendar year to be my New Year. January 1st, to me, is to be celebrated as the Earth's new year--everything at once. It's the common anniversary of all the creatures, the plants, the ground and the lava beneath it, the sky--everything, and anyone who wants to can join the party thrown for everything that happened to the whole wide world in the past twelve months, and for everything we're looking forward to next year.



This New Year's Eve, Silkworm and I have put together a plethora of festivities with an appropriate amount of hoopla. I doubt we'll make it to midnight, since we typically nod off early, but nonetheless, our plans stretch that far. Seeing as we're celebrating the entire Earth, we'll be watching any nature documentaries we can find on TV. We're also going to sit down and recall things that happened during 2013, though Silkworm's only been with me since April. If we can get anyone else to play, there may be card tournaments and board games in order. All the while, we'll be munching on finger foods like my family traditionally does, and here's hoping they'll be what keeps us awake late enough to witness the year change!

Aside from tonight's jubilee, I also decided a personal fresh start was in order and made a Self Recipe Jar in preparation to be a new and improved me for 2014. The approaching New Year was making me think about how much time I've wasted holding myself back from adventure, and I decided it was time to do something about it. I've been wanting to do something about it for a while, and I can't exactly explain what was holding me back, but having a date traditionally known for resolutions of change was just what I needed. On January 1, 2014, I am going to wake up and use every spec of galaxy inside me to strive to be the person I want to be. I'm mostly anticipating endless wars fought between bravery and fear, but I'm ready to fight on bravery's side.

On that note, happy last day of the year! If you choose to make a resolution of sorts, have a positive mindset about it. Embrace it, and hold onto it as tight as you can, rather than assuming it won't work out, because then you'll certainly drop it. And it's okay to look backward, but don't forget to look forward.

So long, 2013; there's a marvelous year around the corner!

2 comments:

  1. Happy (almost) New Year! I adore the idea of celebrating the Earth; that's brilliant! I hope you and Silkworm have a wonderful New Year's Eve. 2014, here we come!

    (PS: I share the same resolution as you. :) *tosses you a sword* To victory!)

    ReplyDelete

Silkworm and I love hearing what other people think. In fact, it's probably our favorite thing, so don't be shy to leave us a note or ask a question!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...