Sunday, December 8, 2013

Homemade "Hedbanz"



"Hedbanz" is a guessing game that you can buy in stores, but it's kind of silly because you don't really need to buy it. All you need is something to write with, something small to write on, something to stick that small thing to your head, and your imagination!

To start, you need at least two players. DO NOT LOOK AT EACH OTHER while each of you take a piece of paper and write down a thing. Traditionally, the game uses nouns like animals or objects, but you've got all the freedom in the world, here! You could write down adjectives, verbs, scientific concepts, feelings...

Next, you should migrate to a room with minimum reflective surfaces, like mirrors, windows, or glass of any sort, so you won't be able to see what the paper on your own forehead says when you get it. There, you'll exchange papers--and no matter how tempted or obligated you feel, fight your instincts and DO NOT LOOK AT THE PAPER YOU RECEIVE! Instead, immediately stick them onto your heads using tape or headbands, or anything else for that matter, though I highly discourage super glue.

Now, the goal is to find out what the paper on your head says. To do this, both of you will ask questions back and forth, answering each other's and probably rolling around laughing. You are what the word on the paper on your head is, so you always ask your questions by saying "I", not "it". For example, you could ask "am I an animal?" or "am I alive?" There is no limit to the questions you can ask, but to make it fair, you should take turns.

Once you gather enough information about the paper on your head, you'll start to get some ideas about what it might be, and you are free to ask if you are correct by asking "am I [your guess here]?" If you're wrong, there are no points to be lost because the only goal is to find out what you are! If you're right, then you win! All the awards, much success; well done!

What makes Homemade "Hedbanz" even cooler is that you can play almost anywhere--and you'll look completely ridiculous while you do! Personally, my favorite kind of fun is the kind I get stared at for having.

Tell us in the comments how you played!

2 comments:

  1. Haha, this is so cute. It reminds me Diversity Day in that episode of The Office.
    "I like your food."
    "Outback Steakhouse. I'm Australian!" hahah.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I should really watch a few episodes of The Office, haha! I have a feeling I'd love it. ^-^

      Delete

Silkworm and I love hearing what other people think. In fact, it's probably our favorite thing, so don't be shy to leave us a note or ask a question!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...