Sunday, December 15, 2013

Bruce the Dapper Spruce



We've officially trimmed our mini Christmas tree, also known as "Bruce" (the Spruce)! Bruce is standing handsomely in my bedroom adorned with all sorts of garlands and ornaments, mostly stuffed animals and Buttfreckles--and of course, rainbow string lights. He makes for some very fun photo shoots, in all his colorful bokeh-able glory. Of course, we'll have to put him outside the bedroom door whenever we let Hadley and Quibble play in the room so they don't destroy him, although I know destroying a Christmas tree would be at the very top of the ratties' wishlist, if they could write.

I'd love to tell you about my favorite ornament, but choosing would be impossible! Bruce has become a treasure box of all of my most cherished knickknacks! There's a felted Santa bear which was the first thing I ever felted at a needle felting class; a gluten-free salt dough ornament with impressions of Hadley and Quibble's pawprints circa this year, their first Christmas; a Christmas caroling cow that meows "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" (not kidding). Every time I look at Bruce, my heart does cartwheels and somersaults! He's sure added at least three metric tons of Christmas spirit to the season.





2 comments:

  1. That's a really great tree!! Beautiful pictures, you whimsical thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bruce is utterly spectacular! And needless to say, the pictures are as well. I especially love the fourth one, with the warm, yellow glow of one of Bruce's pretty lights shining on Silkworm's adorable face. I also adore your ornaments. Thanks so much for getting me even more into the Christmas spirit!

    ReplyDelete

Silkworm and I love hearing what other people think. In fact, it's probably our favorite thing, so don't be shy to leave us a note or ask a question!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...