Thursday, November 21, 2013

Reindeer Snowflake Pattern

We got this idea from a paper snowflake pattern link on Pinterest that sent me to timquilts.com, where we discovered the amazing Tim Latimer and his incredible snowflake designs. I tried to print out the reindeer pattern he created, but I fold my paper for making snowflakes differently than he does. He does have directions for the way he folds, but we figured, why not make our own pattern?



Of course, it's nowhere near as intricately beautiful as the original, but I think it's quite decent for a mimic! We made sure to scan our pattern before cutting it out (see the pencil drawing above), so you're more than welcome to use it! And if you do use it, or even make your own pattern, we'd be delighted to see some pictures or hear how it worked for you!



(I noticed I cut the top of one of the trees off on accident, but I guess fear not if you happen to do that because it doesn't seem to make much of a difference!)

3 comments:

  1. I love this! It's incredible and intricate, dainty and beautiful! Where are you going to hang it up at?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I've got it tacky'd up right on my bedroom wall above my nightstand. Normally, I like hanging paper snowflakes from the ceiling, but this one kind of folds in on itself so that wouldn't work too well!

      Delete
  2. Fantastic! Wish I was better at manual stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Silkworm and I love hearing what other people think. In fact, it's probably our favorite thing, so don't be shy to leave us a note or ask a question!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...